Of the dozens of islands sprinkled across the caribbean sea, each has a different vibe: Some are trimmed with crescent-shaped white beaches, others with black sands and jagged mountains. Some were influenced by ancient people who left behind stone temples; others were colonized by European powers who left their cobbled streets. If you know these islands well (as we do), it's easy to choose where to go, and you'll find an activity to fit every mood: Some days you might feel like playing in the sand; other days, you'll follow the spirit of adventure. One day you'll just want to get away; the next, you'll be in the swing of Caribbean culture. Sometimes we come to these islands to restore our body and soul; other times, we come to indulge them (and pay for it later). The guide on the following pages offers a trip for each of these moods, and the best part is this: They can each be accomplished in under a week. So go ahead, turn the page, match your personality to a Caribbean island. Find your vibe.
- Restorative - St. John, Dominica, St. Lucia and Anguilla
- Cultural - Curaçao, Puerto Rico, Jamaica and Martinique
- Beach Bliss - British Virgin Islands, Barbados, Aruba and Cancún
- Adventure - Bahamas, Cozumel, Saba and Bonaire
- Indulgence - Canouan, Grand Cayman, Antigua and St. Kitts
- Off the Grid - Ambergris Caye, Guanaja, Les Saintes and Salt Cay