Yellow Yam Pineapple and Jerk Chicken Salad
– 1 lb yellow yam, diced bite-size
– 1 pineapple (1 lb), peeled and diced bite-size
– 4 chicken breasts marinated in jerk seasoning, grilled then sliced
– 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
– 1 small green bell pepper, diced
– 1 stalk scallions
– 1/4-tsp Scotch Bonnet pepper, finely chopped
– 1/2 small red onion
– salt and pepper to taste
Marinate chicken breast with jerk seasoning, then grill thoroughly and set aside to cool. Peel, dice and cook the yam for about four minutes over medium heat, then drain and set aside to cool. Dice the pineapple, onion, pepper, scotch bonnet and scallions. In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, onion, peppers, scotch bonnet and scallions, adding salt and pepper and stirring well. Add in the yam and pineapple, then stir gently. Place on a bed of lettuce, slice the marinated chicken and add overtop, then garnish with parsley.
– 1/2-tsp horseradish
– 1/2-cup cranberry relish
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp cane vinegar
Mix ingredients well in a shaker and serve cold.