Celebrate Earth Day, April 22, with a free visit to a national park. The National Park Foundation is lifting entrance fees to every inch of its 84 million acres of National Parks not just for the day, but for an entire “Earth Week,” April 21 to 29, 2012.
More than 100 national parks usually charge admission fees, so plan on taking advantage of the free week to celebrate the great outdoors at one of these ISLANDS’ favorites:
- Acadia National Park, Maine
- Christiansted National Historic Site, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida Keys
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Haleakala National Park, Hawaii
- Pu'uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park, Hawaii
- San Juan National Historic Site, Puerto Rico
RELATED: Get some expert photo tips for capturing the perfect image at Haleakala National Park.
>>> Read More