Tag: adventure vacations
- If you're looking for the perfect private cruise, look no further. This sleek vessel is the ultimate in overseas romance, luxury and pampering. The Alexa, a traditional ship that's been completely modernized, will take you on exotic adventures that are complemented by gourmet meals and picturesque views. (Yes, we're drooling from both.) Take a look.
- A journey aboard a 237-foot, 110-year-old tall ship brings one adventurer to a beach with water as clear and as bright as the sky.
- It's been called "the forgotten Hawaiian island" or "the lost Hawaiian island" or "the orange Hawaiian island." When ISLANDS photographer Zach Stovall landed on Lanai, after taking the ferry over from Maui, he wondered how he'd spend five days here. Then he rented a jeep and followed the locals.
(But Lanai might be the "lost Hawaiian island" no more. Get the scoop on the island's new owner and his plans.)
- ISLANDS contributor Tanya Burnett, a snorkeling and scuba diving expert photographer, shares her favorite places to snorkel across the Caribbean. And don't forget to jot down her snorkel tips for dolphins, whale sharks and more.
- Even though I tend to gain 10 pounds or so with each visit, Italy is still one my favorite destinations to go on assignment. From the surreal sight of Castello Aragonese looming over the island of Ischia to the awe-inspiring views of Mount Etna on Sicily, there’s never a shortage of visual inspiration. Italia is one of those places that make my job as photographer for Islands look easy…almost too easy.
Page 1 of 12