Tag: Travel Tips
- It might be odd timing given that Valentine's Day is upon us, but Eco Serendib Villa and Spa in St. John, USVI, is encouraging ladies to leave their husbands behind for its latest trip offer. The resort's five-night “Serendipitous Escape” for up to six gal pals and offers plenty of pampering, starting with an arrival via ferry where a chosen theme song -- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Single Ladies, This One's For the Girls -- greets guests along with with cold towels, freshly brewed lemongrass tea, champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
- Jewelry and chocolate is nice. But if you want to seriously get the attention of your significant other, a plane ticket to a tropical destination would make for the perfect Valentine's Day gift. Thankfully, some of our favorite resorts are offering some great deals, but you better hurry: For some of these deals, you'll have to book by the end of this week.
- Just because January is over doesn't mean you can blow off those New Year's resolutions. At least one resort is happy to provide financial incentives for you to meal those pesky goals. The Westin Resort & Casino in Aruba is encouraging wellness year-round with a new "13 Resolutions for 2013" program. The year-long initiative offers guests 13 perks catered to the top 13 most commonly-broken resolutions. For example, looking to "unplug" more in 2013? Then you'll get a nice room credit if you turn in your cell phone to the front desk. Find out what other incentives await.
- The Hawaiian islands have long held one of ISLAND's top spots in our rankings of best places to live or visit. But getting there can seem just a little too expensive to some travelers. That's why when we spot a good deal, we like to crow a little about it. Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui is touring what it calls "an enriched cultural experience," offering a variety of ways for guests to enjoy the Hawaiian culture.
- For a quick weekend getaway, you want a direct flight with cheap airfare and fast travel time. Luckily, 21 Caribbean destinations have cheap non-stop flights from Miami. We've ranked them longest (3:40 to Trinidad) to shortest (55 minutes to Nassau), plus included links to the latest airline fares. Go!
Get there even quicker with our Nonstop Caribbean Flights.
- Check the temple’s dance schedule with your hotel in Ubud. The kecak dance features fire-walking and rhyth- mic chanting by dozens of bare-chested Balinese men. Pay a modest fee at the entrance to help with the temple’s upkeep
- What to do on layovers and port calls in Grand Cayman, San Juan, London, Oahu, or Aruba.
- We think layovers have an undeserved bad rap—while they usually conjure images of bored children, uncomfortable seating, and over-priced airport food, we prefer to look towards the exit sign. Here's a peek at what you can do with just a few hours in Grand Cayman, San Juan, London, Oahu, or Aruba. Visit the full articles for the entire guide.
Page 2 of 5