Tag: Travel Tips
- The Hawaiian islands have long held one of ISLAND's top spots in our rankings of best places to live or visit. But getting there can seem just a little too expensive to some travelers. That's why when we spot a good deal, we like to crow a little about it. Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui is touring what it calls "an enriched cultural experience," offering a variety of ways for guests to enjoy the Hawaiian culture.
- For a quick weekend getaway, you want a direct flight with cheap airfare and fast travel time. Luckily, 21 Caribbean destinations have cheap non-stop flights from Miami. We've ranked them longest (3:40 to Trinidad) to shortest (55 minutes to Nassau), plus included links to the latest airline fares. Go!
- Check the temple’s dance schedule with your hotel in Ubud. The kecak dance features fire-walking and rhyth- mic chanting by dozens of bare-chested Balinese men. Pay a modest fee at the entrance to help with the temple’s upkeep
- What to do on layovers and port calls in Grand Cayman, San Juan, London, Oahu, or Aruba.
- We think layovers have an undeserved bad rap—while they usually conjure images of bored children, uncomfortable seating, and over-priced airport food, we prefer to look towards the exit sign. Here's a peek at what you can do with just a few hours in Grand Cayman, San Juan, London, Oahu, or Aruba. Visit the full articles for the entire guide.
- If you have a layover in London or ever want to see the most you can in this island city in two to eight hours, try our travel tips on the best walks, food, bars and more. These travel times would be quintupled during the 2012 London Olympics, of course.
With 4 Hours & a Taxi: It's a pretty easy — and worthwhile — cab ride out to Marylebone, one of London's “villages” and a prominent locale in Sherlock Holmes stories. If there's such a thing as old English ambience, this is it.
Layover: Grand Cayman
With 2 Hours & a Car: The beach at Rum Point is maybe 30 minutes from the airport and is one of the most tranquil spots on Cayman. You won't see cruise ships — just a few travelers who found the place because of a local tip.
Get the entire half-day guide Layover Remedies: Grand Cayman »