Tag: Travel Tips
- A layover doesn't mean you have to be stuck in the airport! In fact, these mini-excursions might be worth missing your plane. Here's what you can do with anywhere from 2-8 hours on Grand Cayman.
Last stop is Makapu'u Point for the jaw-dropping Oahu view, easily worth the end-to-end scenic drive. Later at airport security, as I take my shoes off and sand spills out, my fellow travelers will see the sun in my eyes. And I'll see the envy in theirs.
Layover: San Juan
"By 10 A.M. I'm standing in the damp dungeon below 500-year-old Castillo de San Cristóbal, once the largest Spanish fort in the New World. Moments ago, I stood high up in a sentry box marveling at the cannons aimed out over the Atlantic."
Get the entire half-day guide Layover Remedies: San Juan »
- Your own sun-drenched island afloat in turquoise waters, fringed with talcum-soft sand and studded with swaying palms. It sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t. You can have all of the above — plus five beaches, three hiking trails and all the food and drink you can consume — at this private-island resort in the Grenadines.
- Ditch the uncomfortable airport seating for the exit sign. Here's what to do with half a day in Aruba.
- We think layovers have an undeserved bad rap—while they usually conjure images of bored children, uncomfortable seating, and over-priced airport food, we prefer to look towards the exit sign. Here's what to do with half a day in Aruba.
- Would you snorkel in a lake filled with jellyfish, or swim inside a volcano? Jad Davenport lists his top five island adventures.