Tag: eco travel
- Indulge without the guilt in Soneva Kiri's zero emission "eco villa."
Eco-Luxe Escape: Living the Thai Life
LOCATION: Ko Kood, Thailand
RESORT: Soneva Kiri
NIGHTLY RATE: $1,400 and up
Read the full article Eco-Luxe-Escape: Living the Thai Life
- It takes 30 years for a female coco de mer tree to mature enough to produce the famed Seychelles nut. The fertilization process isn’t fully understood, so myth persists that the male tree rises on its roots during the full moon and treks across the forest to mate.
- Need to find the perfect gift for the gadget-loving island hoppers in your life? This year's ISLANDS Tech Guide offers gift ideas from electronics to luggage that are sure to help you score points with techie travelers.
Check out this year's Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for more ideas like these.
- A five-step checklist for moving to an island, from an expat who’s still learning how to be one.
Find out how to move to an island in our Ultimate Best Islands to Live On Guide.
- Want an authentic island escape? We've assembled a list of the Top 10 purest, wildest and most eco-friendly islands, based on their efforts to preserve culture and ecology, as well as on the quality of their national parks and sustainable opportunities for responsible travelers. Agree with our Top 10 list? Disagree? Join the conversation on our Facebook page.