Tag: eco travel
- What's more terrifying than a pack of hungry sharks? Perhaps the thought of our oceans without them.
- These three adventurous island-eco tours will help you learn about endangered plants and species in New Zealand, Madagascar and Borneo – and show you how you can give back to the causes.
- Who says snorkeling has to be tame? These five extreme Caribbean snorkeling adventures are perfect for those who love to fin on the wild side.
- Explore the Caribbean Galapagos
Mona Island, Puerto Rico
Forty-two miles west of Puerto Rico, this 13,000-acre preserve has leatherback turtles lurching up the beach in nesting season (April to October) and Mona iguanas scaling the rocky cliffs. Overall, 100 endangered species and 270 kinds of fish have discovered the secret hideout; you can visit them from April through November on multi-day snorkeling/camping trips.
- From a private island in Vanuatu to a celebrity hideaway in Montenegro — here are 6 luxury island resorts guaranteed to spoil you (but not your surroundings).