Tag: family vacations
- Ready to take the kids on a vacation to Mexico? Our guest bloggers and family travel experts, the Wakefield family, stayed at the family-friendly Presidente Intercontinental resort in Cozumel — and had plenty to say about it. Take a look at their top 20 vacation must-dos, and read more about their family adventures at www.familylifeandtravel.com.
- Need an easy weekend getaway or family vacation? These Florida islands are unique hidden gems and close to home — but still deliver a true tropical experience. Take a look at these unexpected coastlines, private island resorts and secret beaches in Florida and see if you can find a spot for your towel — just try not to let the word get out too much.
- "Are you squawkin' to me?!" Palm trees and beach chairs are par for an island vacation, but pics of yourself holding tropical birds? At the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, bird interaction sessions are the norm and the resort has opened up new a new Family Time program of summer activities for the whole family.
- The Hawaiian Islands are a great destination for your next family vacation with easy flights, family friendly resorts and numerous attractions. A family vacation to Hawaii is an fun way to introduce your child to a new culture. Read these helpful tips from the travel experts at Travelwizard.com.
- Beach or pool, sun or shade, on any island or resort in the Caribbean, the perfect chair is waiting for you.
“Free" is a rare modifier at Atlantis. So when my friend boasted of a hotel that offered free breakfasts, free Internet, and free entry to Atlantis, I knew a kicker was closing fast. "The hotel isn’t on the property," she admitted. Yep, I knew there was a catch. "It’s right there," she said. She pointed to a pink building just down the driveway from Atlantis’ Coral Reef Towers. Between me and it, a sidewalk. No major intersections. “The hotel isn’t advertised on the Atlantis website,” she beamed. “You know, because it’s the Comfort Suites.”
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is the Bahamas' dreamiest playground. But if getting there cuts too deep into your wallet, our ISLANDS editor has an insider tip: Look next door.
- The Hawaiian islands have long held one of ISLAND's top spots in our rankings of best places to live or visit. But getting there can seem just a little too expensive to some travelers. That's why when we spot a good deal, we like to crow a little about it. Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui is touring what it calls "an enriched cultural experience," offering a variety of ways for guests to enjoy the Hawaiian culture.
- See the top island resorts that we recommend for a family vacation you'll never forget, whether you're just looking for family vacation ideas or are planning a family reunion or your next trip.
- We've now ranked these from No. 26 (Iceland cruise) to No. 1 (?), based on cruise itineraries with the most must-see islands. For passionate island travelers, island-hopping cruises are the best way to see the islands on your travel bucket list. We've researched hundreds of 2013 cruise itineraries for these suggestions on great island cruises. See more ideas in our ISLANDS Best Cruises Travel Guide.
For Caribbean cruises -- and to win a free 7-night cruise -- visit the website of our sister brand Caribbean Travel + Life to see the Best Caribbean Cruises 2013.