Tag: family vacations
- My 9-year-old daughter had to be excited. She was going to miss four days of school. Even better, she was going to Jamaica … with Dad. Except, well, it’s clear that I’m not as cool as I was two years ago. This trip to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club (an all-inclusive sibling to Sandals) would change her perspective — and mine. Here are 20 reasons why. — Robert Stephens
- With the Great House destroyed by a fire just two years ago, the ultimate private island owned by Virgin millionaire, Richard Branson, is renovating the main building and coming back more beautiful than ever. (Is that even possible?) Take a look at the always-fabulous Necker Island, and find out how you can stay there too.
- How are you spending your Fourth of July holiday week? The Disney Magic cruise ship on July 3 called on Venice, Italy, for the first time since the ship was constructed in nearby Marghera and Ancona.
- This gallery happened by accident. Photographer Zach Stovall and editor Robert Stephens intended for Royal Isabela to be “just a place to stay” while researching a story about the foods of Puerto Rico. Royal Isabela is known mostly as a golf resort. But after four days Robert (with his family) and Zach came back with 10 reasons it’s the best resort on the entire island — even though they didn’t swing a single golf club.
- Ready to take the kids on a vacation to Mexico? Our guest bloggers and family travel experts, the Wakefield family, stayed at the family-friendly Presidente Intercontinental resort in Cozumel — and had plenty to say about it. Take a look at their top 20 vacation must-dos, and read more about their family adventures at www.familylifeandtravel.com.
- Need an easy weekend getaway or family vacation? These Florida islands are unique hidden gems and close to home — but still deliver a true tropical experience. Take a look at these unexpected coastlines, private island resorts and secret beaches in Florida and see if you can find a spot for your towel — just try not to let the word get out too much.
- "Are you squawkin' to me?!" Palm trees and beach chairs are par for an island vacation, but pics of yourself holding tropical birds? At the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, bird interaction sessions are the norm and the resort has opened up new a new Family Time program of summer activities for the whole family.
- The Hawaiian Islands are a great destination for your next family vacation with easy flights, family friendly resorts and numerous attractions. A family vacation to Hawaii is an fun way to introduce your child to a new culture. Read these helpful tips from the travel experts at Travelwizard.com.
- Beach or pool, sun or shade, on any island or resort in the Caribbean, the perfect chair is waiting for you.
“Free" is a rare modifier at Atlantis. So when my friend boasted of a hotel that offered free breakfasts, free Internet, and free entry to Atlantis, I knew a kicker was closing fast. "The hotel isn’t on the property," she admitted. Yep, I knew there was a catch. "It’s right there," she said. She pointed to a pink building just down the driveway from Atlantis’ Coral Reef Towers. Between me and it, a sidewalk. No major intersections. “The hotel isn’t advertised on the Atlantis website,” she beamed. “You know, because it’s the Comfort Suites.”