Tag: family vacations
- This gallery happened by accident. Photographer Zach Stovall and editor Robert Stephens intended for Royal Isabela to be “just a place to stay” while researching a story about the foods of Puerto Rico. Royal Isabela is known mostly as a golf resort. But after four days Robert (with his family) and Zach came back with 10 reasons it’s the best resort on the entire island — even though they didn’t swing a single golf club.
- Ready to take the kids on a vacation to Mexico? Our guest bloggers and family travel experts, the Wakefield family, stayed at the family-friendly Presidente Intercontinental resort in Cozumel — and had plenty to say about it. Take a look at their top 20 vacation must-dos, and read more about their family adventures at www.familylifeandtravel.com.
- Need an easy weekend getaway or family vacation? These Florida islands are unique hidden gems and close to home — but still deliver a true tropical experience. Take a look at these unexpected coastlines, private island resorts and secret beaches in Florida and see if you can find a spot for your towel — just try not to let the word get out too much.
- "Are you squawkin' to me?!" Palm trees and beach chairs are par for an island vacation, but pics of yourself holding tropical birds? At the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, bird interaction sessions are the norm and the resort has opened up new a new Family Time program of summer activities for the whole family.
- The Hawaiian Islands are a great destination for your next family vacation with easy flights, family friendly resorts and numerous attractions. A family vacation to Hawaii is an fun way to introduce your child to a new culture. Read these helpful tips from the travel experts at Travelwizard.com.
- Beach or pool, sun or shade, on any island or resort in the Caribbean, the perfect chair is waiting for you.
“Free" is a rare modifier at Atlantis. So when my friend boasted of a hotel that offered free breakfasts, free Internet, and free entry to Atlantis, I knew a kicker was closing fast. "The hotel isn’t on the property," she admitted. Yep, I knew there was a catch. "It’s right there," she said. She pointed to a pink building just down the driveway from Atlantis’ Coral Reef Towers. Between me and it, a sidewalk. No major intersections. “The hotel isn’t advertised on the Atlantis website,” she beamed. “You know, because it’s the Comfort Suites.”
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is the Bahamas' dreamiest playground. But if getting there cuts too deep into your wallet, our ISLANDS editor has an insider tip: Look next door.
- The Hawaiian islands have long held one of ISLAND's top spots in our rankings of best places to live or visit. But getting there can seem just a little too expensive to some travelers. That's why when we spot a good deal, we like to crow a little about it. Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui is touring what it calls "an enriched cultural experience," offering a variety of ways for guests to enjoy the Hawaiian culture.
- See the top island resorts that we recommend for a family vacation you'll never forget, whether you're just looking for family vacation ideas or are planning a family reunion or your next trip.