Tag: family vacations
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is the Bahamas' dreamiest playground. But if getting there cuts too deep into your wallet, our ISLANDS editor has an insider tip: Look next door.
- The Hawaiian islands have long held one of ISLAND's top spots in our rankings of best places to live or visit. But getting there can seem just a little too expensive to some travelers. That's why when we spot a good deal, we like to crow a little about it. Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui is touring what it calls "an enriched cultural experience," offering a variety of ways for guests to enjoy the Hawaiian culture.
- See the top island resorts that we recommend for a family vacation you'll never forget, whether you're just looking for family vacation ideas or are planning a family reunion or your next trip.
- We've now ranked these from No. 26 (Iceland cruise) to No. 1 (?), based on cruise itineraries with the most must-see islands. For passionate island travelers, island-hopping cruises are the best way to see the islands on your travel bucket list. We've researched hundreds of 2013 cruise itineraries for these suggestions on great island cruises. See more ideas in our ISLANDS Best Cruises Travel Guide.
For Caribbean cruises -- and to win a free 7-night cruise -- visit the website of our sister brand Caribbean Travel + Life to see the Best Caribbean Cruises 2013.
- My room number has ﬁve digits.
As in, room number 11-544. Can I tattoo this number onto my hand? You know, so I can ﬁnd my room, or simply remember to keep looking for it? I’ve been distracted by a Maya temple, Chihuly glass sculptures, underwater ruins, 12-foot manta rays, shopping malls, slot machines and thousands of smiling kids — slipping and skipping through miles of water slides, rivers and aquariums.
Of course, all this is Atlantis, visionary Sol Kerzner’s take on the mythical sunken city, raised from the depths as a modern-day, semi-sunken resort. Perhaps the world’s most ambitious. I’m here for a travel conference. It’s an odd setting for one. Atlantis is decidedly not the Bahamas, nor travel. It’s a fantasy. A megasize one.
Now, if only I could locate my room in it all ... whoa, a race-car track?!”
- This family-oriented ski resort in Hokkaido offers one room "ice suites" as well as more traditional lodging.
- North Carolina's Outer Banks teach one dad how to relax—while his kids are riding hang-gliders.
- On North Carolina's Outer Banks, the adventurous (and not so adventurous) feel right at home.