Tag: family vacations
- My room number has ﬁve digits.
As in, room number 11-544. Can I tattoo this number onto my hand? You know, so I can ﬁnd my room, or simply remember to keep looking for it? I’ve been distracted by a Maya temple, Chihuly glass sculptures, underwater ruins, 12-foot manta rays, shopping malls, slot machines and thousands of smiling kids — slipping and skipping through miles of water slides, rivers and aquariums.
Of course, all this is Atlantis, visionary Sol Kerzner’s take on the mythical sunken city, raised from the depths as a modern-day, semi-sunken resort. Perhaps the world’s most ambitious. I’m here for a travel conference. It’s an odd setting for one. Atlantis is decidedly not the Bahamas, nor travel. It’s a fantasy. A megasize one.
Now, if only I could locate my room in it all ... whoa, a race-car track?!”
- This family-oriented ski resort in Hokkaido offers one room "ice suites" as well as more traditional lodging.
- North Carolina's Outer Banks teach one dad how to relax—while his kids are riding hang-gliders.
- On North Carolina's Outer Banks, the adventurous (and not so adventurous) feel right at home.
- Travel Specials for the whole family from around the world.