Tag: island destinations
One of my Gmail folders is titled “Family Travel Options.” In that folder is information about St. Thomas, Abaco, Virgin Gorda, the Florida Keys — you get the picture. You know the option we chose this year? Mackinac Island. Yep, the one off the coast of … Michigan. It’s an island that will not be confused with any other. Here’s why. — Robert Stephens
- When Elle Macpherson married billionaire Jeffrey Soffer over the weekend in Fiji, we had to take a look at their wedding destination — Laucala Island Resort. The verdict? We're totally in love. Take a look at this ultimate once-in-a-lifetime resort in Fiji and find out why. (Get ready for some serious eye-candy).
- A unique culture, hidden beaches and off-the-beaten-path experiences make this Dutch Caribbean island a best-kept secret. If the only Curaçao you know is the kind that's mixed in a drink, take a look to see where you should be spending your next island vacation and the best things to do when you get there.
- No matter how many times photographer Jon Whittle shoots the Big Island, he comes away amazed. These are the 10 most unforgettable scenes from his most recent trip.
- Empty beaches? Yes. Private resorts? Even better. Your own island? Now we’re talking. If you’ve ever dreamed of buying a private island of your own (who hasn’t?), these 10 picks from Private Islands magazine, ranked from affordable to aspirational, are a good place to start.
- If you're looking for the perfect private cruise, look no further. This sleek vessel is the ultimate in overseas romance, luxury and pampering. The Alexa, a traditional ship that's been completely modernized, will take you on exotic adventures that are complemented by gourmet meals and picturesque views. (Yes, we're drooling from both.) Take a look.
- This gallery happened by accident. Photographer Zach Stovall and editor Robert Stephens intended for Royal Isabela to be “just a place to stay” while researching a story about the foods of Puerto Rico. Royal Isabela is known mostly as a golf resort. But after four days Robert (with his family) and Zach came back with 10 reasons it’s the best resort on the entire island — even though they didn’t swing a single golf club.
- It's an island lost in time — and the ride to get here is just as magical as the destination itself.
- Fans of Roatán are about to get a new resort option for their favorite Caribbean island. Las Verandas Hotel & Villas is planning to lift its curtain on March 1. The resort includes a championship golf course, the Palapa Bar & Restaurant, two infinity edge pools, 1,000 feet of private beach and six villas with Caribbean views.
- Maui is more than just beaches and beautiful water. And while it’s hard to miss with any activity you choose on the island, here are 10 of our must-do’s to help you get started.