Tag: island destinations
- The expert ISLANDS editors answer this very popular question with this interactive map that shows Hawaii and our favorite places.
- Millions of people ask this question. Here's your answer, in this interactive map about Ireland that we marked with our favorite places in Ireland to visit.
- This is one of the biggest questions that people ask. Find the answer about Japan and its location -- plus ISLANDS editors' travel recommendations -- on this Japan map.
- This is one of the biggest island mysteries: How did the famous statues of Easter Island -- some of which are 30-feet tall and weigh 90 tons -- get moved around? A new video reveals how scientists were able to make an Easter Islands statue walk. Even when they aren't moving, the statues, called moai, are a sight that every island traveler wants to see. If you can't make it to Easter Island soon, you can see the video, plus the ISLANDS feature article and chart about these ...
- ISLANDS reveals the secrets of the Easter Island statues and more in this exclusive feature article
- Wales. It's all about castles and ancestries. That's what I thought until a stop in Burry Port, along the country's south coast, about an hour into our first day. We'd stopped here because when Amelia Earhart became the first woman to cross the Atlantic by air in June 1928, the plane landed right here. It would be worth a look. Through a proud Welsh accent, peppered with lots of strange consonants shot from the roof of his mouth, Rhys Anthony stood on the pier and pointed to two beaches behind this centuries-old limestone wall. They total 15 miles in length. It's the start of the summer season here and on 15 miles of beach we saw fewer than a dozen people. But ...
- The natural beauty of Tobago is perfect for hiking, bird-watching and exploring
- ISLANDS Wish List - Australia Great Barrier Reef 10
- ISLANDS Wish List - Australia Great Barrier Reef 9
Page 5 of 65