Tag: island destinations
- What does it take to get to a beautiful private island resort? Three planes, a golf cart, and a boat got us to Petit St. Vincent.
Open Floor Plan
I’d say this villa is decent in size. But when I slid two glass doors open, the place was basically down to two walls. The sea and constant breeze became an extension of the villa. I felt like an invisible king on the hill.
The resort has its quirks. No phones. No TVs. Quiet beyond belief. When I wanted a drink or a towel, I’d raise a yellow ﬂag outside, with a note. A guy would swing by in a Mini Moke, drop oﬀ what I requested and disappear.
Only once did I see a boat cruise past the shoreline. I did ﬁnd two restaurants on the other side of the private island, both within walking distance — or within reach of a Mini Moke with the help of that little yellow ﬂag.
- She's Jamaican. He's from Louisiana. Together they've been to every island in the Caribbean. Here's how they do Jamaica.
- A new-school chef explores the culinary renaissance of Ireland with an old-world grandmother
- Darina Allen of the Ballymaloe Cookery School.
- When a new-school chef explores the culinary renaissance of Ireland with an Old World grandmother at the table, their discoveries come whole and hearty in Ireland.
- The results of TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers’ Choice Beach Destinations awards were just announced and ISLANDS favorites claimed 9 of the top 20 spots. First place went to Turks & Caicos 's Providenciales, whose “exceptional diving and beautiful beaches” were recently featured in an Islands.com article. Award winners were determined based on millions of reviews on the TripAdvisor Web site. Read on to see if your favorite islands made the list!