Tag: island getaways
- At Isla Secas Resort, it's just you and 13 other guests (if that) on a 16-island archipelago. Here, your getaway can be as adventurous and secluded as you want, but luxury touches (like dinner waiting for you in your private yurt suite) make it the best of both worlds. Islands photographer Jon Whittle experienced it all first-hand — here's how you can do it too.
- Take a look at the most comprehensive dive program in the Caribbean from Sandals Resorts. (There are more than 510 dive sites to choose from!)
- Just off the coast of Indonesia, the Mentawai Islands are an exotic travel and surfing destination.
- This is the Mandalay. A 236-foot schooner with a nose for Caribbean islands that few travelers can even identify. Mayreau. Union. Happy. Those islands. But here's the kicker: there's no real itinerary. On this 7-day Sail Windjammer cruise, Islands photographer Jon Whittle and editor Robert Stephens weren’t sure where the captain would be going, or what they were about to witness.
Want more? See the video here.
- Happy Chocolate Heritage Month! This October, St. Lucia will be celebrating these delicious days by commemorating the role cacao and its sweet byproduct has played in its history. But we have to ask — can you really live off chocolate? We sent a writer to St. Lucia's Hotel Chocolat to find out.
(Ready to indulge? Check out St. Lucia's Facebook page, where you'll get the scoop on hotel deals, chocolatey spa treatments and more.)
- If you're thinking about traveling to Puerto Rico, might we suggest one of these swoon-worthy villas? Private beaches, cozy pools and plenty of space — the Vieques villas that Islands photographer Zach Stovall visited have it all, but these are the digs he chooses as the best.
- With the Great House destroyed by a fire just two years ago, the ultimate private island owned by Virgin millionaire, Richard Branson, is renovating the main building and coming back more beautiful than ever. (Is that even possible?) Take a look at the always-fabulous Necker Island, and find out how you can stay there too.
- Jewelry and chocolate is nice. But if you want to seriously get the attention of your significant other, a plane ticket to a tropical destination would make for the perfect Valentine's Day gift. Thankfully, some of our favorite resorts are offering some great deals, but you better hurry: For some of these deals, you'll have to book by the end of this week.
Page 1 of 9