Tag: island resorts
- Ready for a Caribbean vacations? These are some of our favorite all-inclusive resorts that offer easy trips for family vacations, romantic getaways and last-minute fun. After you browse our Editors' Picks here, check out our Best All-Inclusives for even more.
- Turks and Caicos is poised to score another luxury resort. Grace Bay Resorts is building its first-ever standalone residential villa enclave at the Caribbean hot spot. Dubbed The Residences, the complex will feature custom-designed homes each with a private beachfront.
- Fans of Roatán are about to get a new resort option for their favorite Caribbean island. Las Verandas Hotel & Villas is planning to lift its curtain on March 1. The resort includes a championship golf course, the Palapa Bar & Restaurant, two infinity edge pools, 1,000 feet of private beach and six villas with Caribbean views.
- Jewelry and chocolate is nice. But if you want to seriously get the attention of your significant other, a plane ticket to a tropical destination would make for the perfect Valentine's Day gift. Thankfully, some of our favorite resorts are offering some great deals, but you better hurry: For some of these deals, you'll have to book by the end of this week.
- Secret Bay in Dominica isn’t a secret to the staff at ISLANDS. We visited the breathtaking resort a few months ago and shared our findings. Now, TripAdvisor has named Secret Bay its No. 1 small hotel in the Caribbean. We couldn’t agree more, and this gallery shows why it’s worth a second look. | More photos from Secret Bay | Travel with the ISLANDS photographers
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is the Bahamas' dreamiest playground. But if getting there cuts too deep into your wallet, our ISLANDS editor has an insider tip: Look next door.
- It's no small task to be known as Australia's most awarded luxury nature resort, but Hayman Island has proven time and again that it's up to the challenge. I was tasked with spending a few days at this incredible resort island and let me assure you the hype is real. By the time my stay had come to end I'd taken a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, eaten my weight in 5-star cuisine, picnicked on a private sandbar, and seen humpback whales from my window. It's hard to make time move slowly in the face of this much pampering but thanks to the magic of photography I have plenty to dwell on until the next time I can find my way down under.
- As ISLANDS inspires you to take the ultimate trips on your travel bucket list, we've compiled all of our Wish List stories of recent years into one ultimate list of our Top 100 suggestions, each with a link to more editors' expert advice. And to have some fun, we've ranked them from No. 100 (have a Painkiller drink in the BVI) to No. 1 (?). Which trips are on your own wish list?
- I’ll never look like Rihanna. But maybe I can enjoy her lifestyle — if only for a moment — at Sandy Lane, the posh Barbados hotel she calls home away from home. What lures her here? For starters, an unparalleled respect for privacy that even includes the installation of underground passageways so Rhi-Rhi never even has to glimpse a bellhop. Then there’s the swanky spa, where I plan to be daubed head to toe in pink clay and, eventually, emerge red-carpet ready. And afterward, just like the Bajan star, I’ll sashay down the marble staircase to the terrace for afternoon tea. But no photos, please. Because ...
- My whole life I’ve wanted a treehouse, a solitary refuge between the in and outside worlds. And now our jeep is inching down the steep driveway toward it. Lights glow from behind the dense canopy, and I glimpse slivers of sharp edges in the dark. My heart races as if on a first date. I’m dropped off at two-bedroom Zing-Zing, and as my attendant, Maggie, gives me the tour, pointing out pristine appliances, a book collection and Dominican red-cedar furniture, I mouth “Oh my God!” over and over. I breathe in the fragrance of Guyanese greenheart, and contentment washes over me. And later, when I perch my pinot grigio on the wood-encased bathtub, slip in and gaze blissfully through floor-to-ceiling windows into Dominican jungle, I feel ...
Page 1 of 19