Tag: island resorts
- At Isla Secas Resort, it's just you and 13 other guests (if that) on a 16-island archipelago. Here, your getaway can be as adventurous and secluded as you want, but luxury touches (like dinner waiting for you in your private yurt suite) make it the best of both worlds. Islands photographer Jon Whittle experienced it all first-hand — here's how you can do it too.
- I had five days on the Big Island. And I wanted to see it all. The exploding lava. The Jurassic-size clefts. Enormous manta rays. The Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay would be my conduit to Hawaii's natural wonders, and to the photos that follow. — Jon Whittle
- With the Great House destroyed by a fire just two years ago, the ultimate private island owned by Virgin millionaire, Richard Branson, is renovating the main building and coming back more beautiful than ever. (Is that even possible?) Take a look at the always-fabulous Necker Island, and find out how you can stay there too.
- In case you haven't seen our July 2013 issue yet, we're all about overwater bungalows right now. Check out this short video of one the best resorts in the Maldives, and get ready for some serious wanderlust.
- This gallery happened by accident. Photographer Zach Stovall and editor Robert Stephens intended for Royal Isabela to be “just a place to stay” while researching a story about the foods of Puerto Rico. Royal Isabela is known mostly as a golf resort. But after four days Robert (with his family) and Zach came back with 10 reasons it’s the best resort on the entire island — even though they didn’t swing a single golf club.
What’s Editor-in-Chief Eddy Patricelli’s all-time favorite resort? For Bonaire, he doesn’t hesitate: “Harbour Village Beach Club has no rivals. The spacious suites instantly feel like home. There’s also world-class diving, yet the resort is great for nondivers too.” Need more? Eddy’s exclusive gallery offers 10 reasons why this recommendation comes quick.