Tag: island resorts
- I’ve never really been the rough-and-ready outdoorsy type. Truth is, I’d rather go barefoot than wear Birkenstocks; shopping is my cardio; and my favorite trips usually incorporate some combination of butler service, air-conditioning and spa services galore. So Belize — which I’ve always unfairly associated with bare-bones lodges, sweaty jungle treks and creepy-crawlies galore — was never on my travel to-do list. But it turns out that Belize has its share of plush digs, including El Secreto resort. The Ambergris Caye retreat promises 13 slick villas tricked out with contemporary furniture; 400-thread-count sheets; a pillow menu; outdoor whirlpools and showers; and (yes!) air-conditioning. Sounds like the kind of place where even a high-maintenance traveler like me might ...
- For the No. 1 Wish on the ISLANDS Wish List 100, ISLANDS superstar photographer Zach Stovall escaped to overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, Tahiti. Here from 3,000 of his photos, we picked the best 50. Flip through the gallery to feel like you're on a two-minute Bora Bora vacation.
- See the top island resorts that we recommend for a family vacation you'll never forget, whether you're just looking for family vacation ideas or are planning a family reunion or your next trip.
- Bora Bora is famous for luxury resorts with villas over the lagoon. For a romantic getaway or dream honeymoon, try one of these beautiful overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and Moorea in the Islands of Tahiti.
- People have always been fascinated by what is underwater, and now you can literally sleep and eat with the fishes. The Conrad Hilton in the Maldives has an underwater restaurant that can be converted into a bedroom, Dubai is working to build the first five-star underwater hotel, and the Poseidon Underwater Resort is set to soon open. We've gathered up some photos and renderings of where you could soon stay.
Page 2 of 19