Tag: island resorts
- As ISLANDS inspires you to take the ultimate trips on your travel bucket list, we've compiled all of our Wish List stories of recent years into one ultimate list of our Top 100 suggestions, each with a link to more editors' expert advice. And to have some fun, we've ranked them from No. 100 (have a Painkiller drink in the BVI) to No. 1 (?). Which trips are on your own wish list?
- I’ll never look like Rihanna. But maybe I can enjoy her lifestyle — if only for a moment — at Sandy Lane, the posh Barbados hotel she calls home away from home. What lures her here? For starters, an unparalleled respect for privacy that even includes the installation of underground passageways so Rhi-Rhi never even has to glimpse a bellhop. Then there’s the swanky spa, where I plan to be daubed head to toe in pink clay and, eventually, emerge red-carpet ready. And afterward, just like the Bajan star, I’ll sashay down the marble staircase to the terrace for afternoon tea. But no photos, please. Because ...
- My whole life I’ve wanted a treehouse, a solitary refuge between the in and outside worlds. And now our jeep is inching down the steep driveway toward it. Lights glow from behind the dense canopy, and I glimpse slivers of sharp edges in the dark. My heart races as if on a first date. I’m dropped off at two-bedroom Zing-Zing, and as my attendant, Maggie, gives me the tour, pointing out pristine appliances, a book collection and Dominican red-cedar furniture, I mouth “Oh my God!” over and over. I breathe in the fragrance of Guyanese greenheart, and contentment washes over me. And later, when I perch my pinot grigio on the wood-encased bathtub, slip in and gaze blissfully through floor-to-ceiling windows into Dominican jungle, I feel ...
- I’ve never really been the rough-and-ready outdoorsy type. Truth is, I’d rather go barefoot than wear Birkenstocks; shopping is my cardio; and my favorite trips usually incorporate some combination of butler service, air-conditioning and spa services galore. So Belize — which I’ve always unfairly associated with bare-bones lodges, sweaty jungle treks and creepy-crawlies galore — was never on my travel to-do list. But it turns out that Belize has its share of plush digs, including El Secreto resort. The Ambergris Caye retreat promises 13 slick villas tricked out with contemporary furniture; 400-thread-count sheets; a pillow menu; outdoor whirlpools and showers; and (yes!) air-conditioning. Sounds like the kind of place where even a high-maintenance traveler like me might ...
- For the No. 1 Wish on the ISLANDS Wish List 100, ISLANDS superstar photographer Zach Stovall escaped to overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, Tahiti. Here from 3,000 of his photos, we picked the best 50. Flip through the gallery to feel like you're on a two-minute Bora Bora vacation.
- See the top island resorts that we recommend for a family vacation you'll never forget, whether you're just looking for family vacation ideas or are planning a family reunion or your next trip.
- Bora Bora is famous for luxury resorts with villas over the lagoon. For a romantic getaway or dream honeymoon, try one of these beautiful overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and Moorea in the Islands of Tahiti.
- People have always been fascinated by what is underwater, and now you can literally sleep and eat with the fishes. The Conrad Hilton in the Maldives has an underwater restaurant that can be converted into a bedroom, Dubai is working to build the first five-star underwater hotel, and the Poseidon Underwater Resort is set to soon open. We've gathered up some photos and renderings of where you could soon stay.
Page 3 of 20