Tag: Islands to Live On
- Jamison Witbeck didn’t intend to move his family to St. John. Not again. He’d run a boat charter business in Maho Bay, only to move to South Carolina to pursue a conventional life. While there, he sold a catamaran he’d built to a buyer in the Virgin Islands. Well, he tried to sell it. "The story from there takes a few turns," the 38-year-old says in the kitchen of his Fish Bay home. His wife, Claire, flips blueberry pancakes for their three kids while Jamison pours a little maple syrup into his Caribbean coffee. Read his interview and find out more about how to live in the USVI.
- Now with home photos and featured real estate listings! ISLANDS editors rank the best islands to live on -- No. 20 Puerto Rico to No. 1 (?), from Hawaii to St. Croix, Grand Cayman to Tahiti, and more whether you want to retire, relocate, invest in real estate, be living on an island for cheap or just enjoy the island life.
•See more of our editors' Best lists at ISLANDS.com/best.
•Dream with our new Best Islands to Live On: Hawaii Guide and Best Islands to Live On: USVI Guide.
- If you're looking for an easy move to an island, with the possibility for cheap real estate and few legal hurdles, consider the USVI. Our photo gallery of life on St. Croix, St. Thomas and St. John shows why the U.S. Virgin Islands are on our ranking of the Best Islands to Live On.
•Dream with our new Best Islands to Live On: USVI Guide.
- His island business sank, literally. And that's when this expat's life began.
- Trinidadian cacao is used to produce some of the best-tasting chocolate you can buy—it's revered by many as "the best chocolate in the world." For years finished Trinidadian chocolate was only available from European chocolatiers, but many local artisans are beginning to pick up the trade, and even sell their chocolate internationally.
- Some of the best island jobs are in the Caribbean - where else can you find a paid position up in the trees, down on the beach or surrounded by rum? Here are seven of our favorite Caribbean island gigs.
- A five-step checklist for moving to an island, from an expat who’s still learning how to be one.
Page 2 of 9