Tag: most beautiful islands
- When Elle Macpherson married billionaire Jeffrey Soffer over the weekend in Fiji, we had to take a look at their wedding destination — Laucala Island Resort. The verdict? We're totally in love. Take a look at this ultimate once-in-a-lifetime resort in Fiji and find out why. (Get ready for some serious eye-candy).
- No matter how many times photographer Jon Whittle shoots the Big Island, he comes away amazed. These are the 10 most unforgettable scenes from his most recent trip.
- It's been called "the forgotten Hawaiian island" or "the lost Hawaiian island" or "the orange Hawaiian island." When ISLANDS photographer Zach Stovall landed on Lanai, after taking the ferry over from Maui, he wondered how he'd spend five days here. Then he rented a jeep and followed the locals.
(But Lanai might be the "lost Hawaiian island" no more. Get the scoop on the island's new owner and his plans.)
- The most visited of the Hawaiian Islands is a feast for the eyes and the stomach. Surf, hike, enjoy local culture and then refuel with local delicacies.
- It's no small task to be known as Australia's most awarded luxury nature resort, but Hayman Island has proven time and again that it's up to the challenge. I was tasked with spending a few days at this incredible resort island and let me assure you the hype is real. By the time my stay had come to end I'd taken a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, eaten my weight in 5-star cuisine, picnicked on a private sandbar, and seen humpback whales from my window. It's hard to make time move slowly in the face of this much pampering but thanks to the magic of photography I have plenty to dwell on until the next time I can find my way down under.
- Forget what you learned in the cinemas about Italy, Sicily and the Egadi Islands. Instead, open your eyes to a land full of preserved temples, medieval castles and beautiful national parks.
- We ranked our 30 favorite photos by photographer Jon Whittle from the pages of ISLANDS magazine in 2012. You'll absolutely love No. 1. And for the first-time ever, you can join Jon on his next big assignment!
Page 1 of 5