Tag: private island resorts
- Welcome to Dunk Island, one of Australia’s most spectacular and breathtaking tropical rainforest islands. Indulge in family holiday accommodation with perfect palm-fringed beaches, luxury beach resort living and endless adventure. The Aboriginal people called this place Coonanglebah, "the island of peace and plenty". One visit and we think you might just want to call it tropical island paradise.
- Just a 30-minute catamaran sail from the Great Barrier Reef Airport, Daydream Island is great for families. For the kids, the Skippers Club caters to kids from 6 weeks to 12 years old. From planned island explorations and fish feedings to treasure hunts and nature walks, Daydream is a getaway that children will never forget. Daydream Island is home to the Living Reef, one of the world's largest man-made living coral reef lagoons.
- Perfectly situated on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, amongst Queensland’s 74 Whitsunday Islands, Hamilton Island offers an experience like no other: glorious weather, azure waters, brilliant beaches, awe-inspiring coral reefs, fascinating flora and fauna, fine food and wines, and activities almost too numerous to mention.
“There aren't many places on Earth where you can stay, sleep and play on one of The 7 Natural Wonders Of The World”
If you’re a nature lover, Heron Island really is a special place. It’s a natural coral cay 89kms off the coast of Queensland, so it’s not another Great Barrier Reef resort, it’s a resort on the Great Barrier Reef. You don’t have to take any special boat trips to experience one of the wonders of the world. The reef, with a myriad of colourful coral and reef fish, is right there, at your fingertips, right off the beach.
- Wilson Island offers comfortable designer-inspired tent accommodation on the Great Barrier Reef for a maximum of just 12 guests. Our accommodation offers panoramic Great Barrier Reef and ocean views.
Wilson Island is located just above The Tropic of Capricorn, approximately 72 kilometres off the Queensland coast, northeast of Gladstone and 15 kilometres from nearby Heron Island.
- With more than 900 islands scattered throughout Australia's Great Barrier Reef, where to begin exploring? ISLANDS editors reveal the 8 best places to start.
- See our "best of the world" lists of beaches, all-inclusives, family vacations, resorts, romantic restaurants, spas, snorkeling, overwater bungalows and more.
- Travel back to a simpler era with a trip to this unique resort
- Lose yourself in this most private of private-island resorts