Tag: private island resorts
“There aren't many places on Earth where you can stay, sleep and play on one of The 7 Natural Wonders Of The World”
If you’re a nature lover, Heron Island really is a special place. It’s a natural coral cay 89kms off the coast of Queensland, so it’s not another Great Barrier Reef resort, it’s a resort on the Great Barrier Reef. You don’t have to take any special boat trips to experience one of the wonders of the world. The reef, with a myriad of colourful coral and reef fish, is right there, at your fingertips, right off the beach.
- Wilson Island offers comfortable designer-inspired tent accommodation on the Great Barrier Reef for a maximum of just 12 guests. Our accommodation offers panoramic Great Barrier Reef and ocean views.
Wilson Island is located just above The Tropic of Capricorn, approximately 72 kilometres off the Queensland coast, northeast of Gladstone and 15 kilometres from nearby Heron Island.
- With more than 900 islands scattered throughout Australia's Great Barrier Reef, where to begin exploring? ISLANDS editors reveal the 8 best places to start.
- See our "best of the world" lists of beaches, all-inclusives, family vacations, resorts, romantic restaurants, spas, snorkeling, overwater bungalows and more.
- Travel back to a simpler era with a trip to this unique resort
- Lose yourself in this most private of private-island resorts
- Explore this naturally beautiful island in a place on everyone's wish list
- Discover this exclusive getaway hidden in the Palawan islands
- This pair of resorts in a destination full of them truly stand out