Tag: south pacific islands
- It sounds like the start of a novel: "I awoke in a garden, on a faraway Tahitian island." But this isn’t fiction. I left an overwater hut on Bora Bora to venture out to Maitai Lapita Village on Huahine, where I’m ensconced in greenery.
- It's been called "the forgotten Hawaiian island" or "the lost Hawaiian island" or "the orange Hawaiian island." When ISLANDS photographer Zach Stovall landed on Lanai, after taking the ferry over from Maui, he wondered how he'd spend five days here. Then he rented a jeep and followed the locals.
- The Hawaiian Islands are a great destination for your next family vacation with easy flights, family friendly resorts and numerous attractions. A family vacation to Hawaii is an fun way to introduce your child to a new culture. Read these helpful tips from the travel experts at Travelwizard.com.
- Maui is more than just beaches and beautiful water. And while it’s hard to miss with any activity you choose on the island, here are 10 of our must-do’s to help you get started.
- The most visited of the Hawaiian Islands is a feast for the eyes and the stomach. Surf, hike, enjoy local culture and then refuel with local delicacies.
- It's no small task to be known as Australia's most awarded luxury nature resort, but Hayman Island has proven time and again that it's up to the challenge. I was tasked with spending a few days at this incredible resort island and let me assure you the hype is real. By the time my stay had come to end I'd taken a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, eaten my weight in 5-star cuisine, picnicked on a private sandbar, and seen humpback whales from my window. It's hard to make time move slowly in the face of this much pampering but thanks to the magic of photography I have plenty to dwell on until the next time I can find my way down under.
- For the No. 1 Wish on the ISLANDS Wish List 100, ISLANDS superstar photographer Zach Stovall escaped to overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, Tahiti. Here from 3,000 of his photos, we picked the best 50. Flip through the gallery to feel like you're on a two-minute Bora Bora vacation.
Page 1 of 6