Tag: south pacific islands
- The most visited of the Hawaiian Islands is a feast for the eyes and the stomach. Surf, hike, enjoy local culture and then refuel with local delicacies.
- It's no small task to be known as Australia's most awarded luxury nature resort, but Hayman Island has proven time and again that it's up to the challenge. I was tasked with spending a few days at this incredible resort island and let me assure you the hype is real. By the time my stay had come to end I'd taken a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, eaten my weight in 5-star cuisine, picnicked on a private sandbar, and seen humpback whales from my window. It's hard to make time move slowly in the face of this much pampering but thanks to the magic of photography I have plenty to dwell on until the next time I can find my way down under.
- For the No. 1 Wish on the ISLANDS Wish List 100, ISLANDS superstar photographer Zach Stovall escaped to overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, Tahiti. Here from 3,000 of his photos, we picked the best 50. Flip through the gallery to feel like you're on a two-minute Bora Bora vacation.
- Overwater bungalows are the iconic island vacation, especially for romantic island getaways. But who has the such water villas in the world -- Bora Bora or the Maldives? You decide.
Get more romantic trip ideas in the new ISLANDS Romantic Getaways Vacation Guide.
- Taste what it's like to cook a traditional Tahitian feast in this behind-the-scenes look at an authentic ma'a Tahiti celebration.
- Bora Bora is famous for luxury resorts with villas over the lagoon. For a romantic getaway or dream honeymoon, try one of these beautiful overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and Moorea in the Islands of Tahiti.
- Josh Humbert operates a black-pearl farm called Kamoka Pearls on the atoll of Ahe, 300 miles northeast of Tahiti in the Tuamotu island chain. Here, it can take up to five years before a pearl matures into a ready-for-the-necklace jewel. Josh knows exactly what the real deal looks – and even tastes – like, and he explains the science of selecting the perfect pearl.
- Special section brought to you by Paul Gauguin Cruises
Explore the enchanting islands of French Polynesia aboard the Paul Gauguin. Voted one of world's top-rated luxury cruise lines, the award-winning, five-star ship boasts all-oceanview staterooms, world-class dining and entertainment, customized shore excursions and more.