Tag: south pacific islands
- For the No. 1 Wish on the ISLANDS Wish List 100, ISLANDS superstar photographer Zach Stovall escaped to overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, Tahiti. Here from 3,000 of his photos, we picked the best 50. Flip through the gallery to feel like you're on a two-minute Bora Bora vacation.
- Overwater bungalows are the iconic island vacation, especially for romantic island getaways. But who has the such water villas in the world -- Bora Bora or the Maldives? You decide.
Get more romantic trip ideas in the new ISLANDS Romantic Getaways Vacation Guide.
- Taste what it's like to cook a traditional Tahitian feast in this behind-the-scenes look at an authentic ma'a Tahiti celebration.
- Bora Bora is famous for luxury resorts with villas over the lagoon. For a romantic getaway or dream honeymoon, try one of these beautiful overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and Moorea in the Islands of Tahiti.
- Josh Humbert operates a black-pearl farm called Kamoka Pearls on the atoll of Ahe, 300 miles northeast of Tahiti in the Tuamotu island chain. Here, it can take up to five years before a pearl matures into a ready-for-the-necklace jewel. Josh knows exactly what the real deal looks – and even tastes – like, and he explains the science of selecting the perfect pearl.
- Special section brought to you by Paul Gauguin Cruises
Explore the enchanting islands of French Polynesia aboard the Paul Gauguin. Voted one of world's top-rated luxury cruise lines, the award-winning, five-star ship boasts all-oceanview staterooms, world-class dining and entertainment, customized shore excursions and more.
- Exotic cultures. Panoramic views. Doting service. You’ll find it all in the South Pacific.
- 5 must-do adventures while visiting the islands of Tahiti.