Tag: travel photography tips
- We ranked our 30 favorite photos by photographer Jon Whittle from the pages of ISLANDS magazine in 2012. You'll absolutely love No. 1. And for the first-time ever, you can join Jon on his next big assignment!
- Throughout our recent trip to the Bahamas, we posted photos from The Cove Atlantis, Graycliff and One&Only Ocean Club. All spectacular. Take a look on ISLANDS on Instagram. We've got more trips coming up, so we'll be snapping quick pics of our travels to share with you. Plus we include some of our classic photos, like the greatest overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, the have-to-see-them-to-believe-them stingrays of Stingray City in Grand Cayman, and empty beach chairs everywhere.
- In this epic travel photography battle from the ISLANDS Wish List, ISLANDS' Eddy Patricelli and Jon Whittle try to take the best photos in this spectacular Falklands trip. Who wins?
- Counting down from No. 101 (these curious monkeys on Bali) to No. 1 (who could it be?), these are the greatest winning photos of the ISLANDS Photo Contest. You'll see some surprises in this gallery, including the winner of our first-ever contest more than 20 years ago. Enter the ISLANDS Photo Contest 2013 now!
- We love the multiple layers of horizon in Jasmine Bapic's foggy early morning shot of a river in Southern India.
*Note: Our picks for Picture of the Day have no bearing on the final judging of the ISLANDS Photo Contest. Read the full contest rules here.
- We just couldn't click past Joshua Hensley's amazing aerial view of Wake Island, Hawaii. "We were heading home after being deployed for 6 months and our last stop was Wake Island. Took this photo right before we refueled the Harriers in the picture in the air."
- This awesome image from Bob Cutler shows a natural rock formation that looks like a giants' fist carved in stone. Can you guess where this photo was taken? Get the answer here.
Page 1 of 5