Tag: travel tips
- The Hawaiian Islands are a great destination for your next family vacation with easy flights, family friendly resorts and numerous attractions. A family vacation to Hawaii is an fun way to introduce your child to a new culture. Read these helpful tips from the travel experts at Travelwizard.com.
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is the Bahamas' dreamiest playground. But if getting there cuts too deep into your wallet, our ISLANDS editor has an insider tip: Look next door.
- For a quick weekend getaway, you want a direct flight with cheap airfare and fast travel time. Luckily, 21 Caribbean destinations have cheap non-stop flights from Miami. We've ranked them longest (3:40 to Trinidad) to shortest (55 minutes to Nassau), plus included links to the latest airline fares. Go!
Get there even quicker with our Nonstop Caribbean Flights.
- Islands can be surprisingly easy to get to. We checked the best airfares for direct flights to the most popular island destinations, from the Caribbean to Hawaii, Australia to Europe. Then we ranked the direct flights from most expensive (New Zealand) to cheapest (?). Get ready to book your getaway.
- Which events would you most like to see?
- Your own sun-drenched island afloat in turquoise waters, fringed with talcum-soft sand and studded with swaying palms. It sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t. You can have all of the above — plus five beaches, three hiking trails and all the food and drink you can consume — at this private-island resort in the Grenadines.
- Don’t call it a backpack. Booq’s Cobra pack is like Fort Knox for your electronics. These days, travelers tend to bring more electronics than underwear on trips. The pack’s waterproof zippers, rugged nylon exterior, water-resistant rubberized bottom and rigid-frame laptop compartment lined with soft fabrics let you rest easy when the flight attendant forces you to stuff your bag in a tiny overhead bin.
Skip down to Gostoso, a restaurant just minutes from downtown, where you should try the Creole sushi roll, a twist on the dish using fried plantains instead of rice, plus crab, salmon and a delicious mystery ingredient I can't place.
- The perfect 4-day itinerary for St. Kitts.
"It’s easy to dismiss all Caribbean islands as being the same, but St. Kitts surprised me with its rich culture, delicious food and beautiful shorelines. For a small isle, there’s no shortage of things to do.." —Jon Whittle, photographer