Tag: travel tips
- Our travel-must? An ultra-durable camera that loves to explore as much as you do.
Putting together a gallery of epic Fiji photos is, we’re a little embarrassed to say, as easy as it looks. After all, the islands of Fiji abound with everything from tumbling jungle waterfalls to white-sand beaches fringed with coconut palms. But Fiji isn’t just about idyllic South Pacific islandscapes. What makes these islands so enchanting are the people. Establish eye contact for a second and you’ll find yourself downing kava with the local chief and shouting “Bula!” Fiji is truly the friendliest place in the world. Think of this list of our top 11 things to do in Fiji as a starting point for your dream Fiji vacation, and for more Fiji travel tips, check out Islands’ Destination Fiji special issue.
- The Hawaiian Islands are a great destination for your next family vacation with easy flights, family friendly resorts and numerous attractions. A family vacation to Hawaii is an fun way to introduce your child to a new culture. Read these helpful tips from the travel experts at Travelwizard.com.
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is the Bahamas' dreamiest playground. But if getting there cuts too deep into your wallet, our ISLANDS editor has an insider tip: Look next door.
- For a quick weekend getaway, you want a direct flight with cheap airfare and fast travel time. Luckily, 21 Caribbean destinations have cheap non-stop flights from Miami. We've ranked them longest (3:40 to Trinidad) to shortest (55 minutes to Nassau), plus included links to the latest airline fares. Go!
Get there even quicker with our Nonstop Caribbean Flights.
- Islands can be surprisingly easy to get to. We checked the best airfares for direct flights to the most popular island destinations, from the Caribbean to Hawaii, Australia to Europe. Then we ranked the direct flights from most expensive (New Zealand) to cheapest (?). Get ready to book your getaway.
- Which events would you most like to see?
- Your own sun-drenched island afloat in turquoise waters, fringed with talcum-soft sand and studded with swaying palms. It sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t. You can have all of the above — plus five beaches, three hiking trails and all the food and drink you can consume — at this private-island resort in the Grenadines.
- Don’t call it a backpack. Booq’s Cobra pack is like Fort Knox for your electronics. These days, travelers tend to bring more electronics than underwear on trips. The pack’s waterproof zippers, rugged nylon exterior, water-resistant rubberized bottom and rigid-frame laptop compartment lined with soft fabrics let you rest easy when the flight attendant forces you to stuff your bag in a tiny overhead bin.