Tag: travel tips
- Don’t call it a backpack. Booq’s Cobra pack is like Fort Knox for your electronics. These days, travelers tend to bring more electronics than underwear on trips. The pack’s waterproof zippers, rugged nylon exterior, water-resistant rubberized bottom and rigid-frame laptop compartment lined with soft fabrics let you rest easy when the flight attendant forces you to stuff your bag in a tiny overhead bin.
Skip down to Gostoso, a restaurant just minutes from downtown, where you should try the Creole sushi roll, a twist on the dish using fried plantains instead of rice, plus crab, salmon and a delicious mystery ingredient I can't place.
- The perfect 4-day itinerary for St. Kitts.
"It’s easy to dismiss all Caribbean islands as being the same, but St. Kitts surprised me with its rich culture, delicious food and beautiful shorelines. For a small isle, there’s no shortage of things to do.." —Jon Whittle, photographer
The western Caribbean is one of the world's most relaxing places, until a uniform, a gun and a language gap quickly change the mood of an evening drive across Roatan.
- Here's which of Antigua's 365 beaches you should hit.
- Got 6 days in Antigua & Barbuda? Here's how to spend them.
"Antigua has its private spots, but after an open-ocean ferry ride, a four-wheel drive taxi ride, and a shore walk all by yourself, the far side of Barbuda redefines privacy." —Matthew Miller, writer
- Need to find the perfect gift for the gadget-loving island hoppers in your life? This year's ISLANDS Tech Guide offers gift ideas from electronics to luggage that are sure to help you score points with techie travelers.
Check out this year's Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for more ideas like these.
- If you've been putting off that long-awaited European escape in hopes that the economy would stabilize, now may be the perfect time to book your getaway...