Tag: Tropical Drink Recipes
- Don't be fooled by the name. Far from sour, this tropical drink is the perfect blend of tart and sweet, and is a simple three-ingredient blend of rum and mixers that you probably already have stocked at home.
- Natural ginger root has a laundry list of restorative properties, treating everything from nausea and inflammation to helping fight the common cold – so you could say that this delicious blend of Caribbean rum and ginger beer is just what the doctor ordered. The traditional dark and stormy recipe varies from one island to the next, but we like this recipe courtesy of Caribbean Cocktails (Ten Speed Press).
- When autumn is in the air, the changing seasons bring a sweet surprise for java devotees: Late summer and early fall are harvest time for Hawaiian Kona coffee beans. This cool cocktail from the popular cook book Hawaiian Tropical Cocktails will perk you up with a taste of the Hawaiian Islands at home.
- In honor of the Hyatt Regency Aruba's 21st birthday in 2011, the resort's Alfresco Bar is offering free mixology classes each Wednesday night, where seasoned bartenders will help you whip up the perfect island cocktail. Favorites include the Mudslide, the Strawberry Collins, and this delicious fruity concoction, the Aruba Arriba – which you can mix up right at home.
- Hold on to your hats: With six different kinds of alcohol blended with a sweet medley of fruit juices, this original hurricane recipe packs a punch.
- Next time you're sailing through the Out Islands of the Bahamas, chart a course for the Abaco Beach Resort at Boat Harbour marina and head straight to the pool bar for a taste of the resort's signature cocktail, the Wha Cha 'Ma Call It – a killer concoction of tropical fruit liqueurs, iced tea and lemonade that gives the traditional Arnold Palmer a run for its money.
- Tired of the usual mojito? Beat the summer heat with one of these refreshing island cocktail recipes – among the best we've tried this year.
By Reagan Johnson
Page 4 of 7