- Fireworks and more fireworks on North Carolina's Outter Banks islands, plus a a selection of rock 'n' roll, pop, Broadway, patriotic and light classical song and dance from Western Carolina University's College of Fine and Performing Arts.
- A day-long celebration on Key Biscayne, Florida including a parade along Crandon Boulevard, a picnic on the village green and fireworks at sunset.
- On Whidbey Island, wine meets 'works, with a wine-tasting event on Friday, July 3 and multiple fireworks displays on the 4th.
- The Historic Preservation Trust hosts a front-lawn picnic on Martha's Vineyard, with fireworks to follow.
- Decorated bikes, trikes, golf carts and carriages join Galveston Island's annual parade.