- Dry-Roasted Macadamias - Drive to Kona Coast Macadamia Nut & Candy Factory at Highway 11 and Middle Keei Road in Captain Cook.
- Spam Musubi - Eat Spam served on rice wrapped in nori at Matsuyama Food Mart on Mamalahoa Highway in Kona.
- Poke - Taste raw fish seasoned with salt and seaweed or with soy sauce, garlic and ginger at the KTA Super Stores in Kona, Hilo and Waimea.
- Kalua Pork Quesadillas - Stop in at the Bamboo Restaurant in Hawaii.
- Japanese Rice Cakes - Also called mochi, sample these cakes at the Two Ladies' Kitchen in Hilo.
- Malasada - Try this sweet, deep-fried Portuguese doughnut at the Tex Drive-In in Honokaa.