When it comes to the chaotic obsessions of sports fandom, the more irrational among us will travel all over the world to cheer on our favorite teams. But just how far are we willing to go for a team that doesn’t actually exist? That’s what fans of Apple TV+’s hit series Ted Lasso will spend the next week asking themselves, as AFC Richmond faithful everywhere wait patiently for Airbnb’s coolest listing to go live.
On Tuesday, March 21, at 1 PM ET, booking will open for travelers to stay at the Crown and Anchor Pub, the favorite hangout of Greyhound fans. In reality, this establishment is known as The Prince’s Head, but for the three dates available—October 23, 24, and 25—it will be transformed once more into the show’s pub, and guests will be virtually greeted by the lovable Mae, played by Annette Badland.
Once checked in, AFC Richmond’s best fans will then enjoy a variety of Ted Lasso-inspired fun, including:
- Enjoying pub fare while discussing their favorite moments from the show.
- Cheering on the beloved local Richmond sports teams, decked out in AFC Richmond gear, of course.
- Taking part in a competitive round of darts—whether left- or right-handed—or aiming for the highest score on the pinball machine.
- Taking a seat at Ted’s favorite table in the pub and challenging their fellow guests to a round of chess.
- Showing off their karaoke skills with a rendition of their favorite song.
- Trying those biscuits and enjoying them over some English tea (or as Ted calls it “hot brown water”).
The most important thing for potential guests to understand before booking is that this is not a contest. All aspects of travel must be handled by the visitors, just as they would with any Airbnb booking. Also, this thing is going to book in light speed, so have those refresh-clicking fingers ready.
The pub boasts two bedrooms with two beds and one bathroom, accommodating as many as four guests. With a prime location in Richmond, it is within walking distance to plenty of retail stores, and Coach Lasso’s apartment on the Richmond Green is also nearby. That makes an excellent selfie opportunity if guests can find the building.
No pets or parties are allowed, lest visitors wish to earn a red card. Other than that, it’s Richmond til we die when season three kicks off this week.