ISLANDS Editorial Director Ty Sawyer recently returned from this private Caribbean island off Belize. Here’s the postcard — and his tips:
- Snorkel among sea turtles, elegant spotted eagle rays and playful nurse sharks at nearby Hol Chan Marine Park.
- Walk into the silky Caribbean water just off the deck of your own private villa.
- Feel the electric moment when a bonefish hits the lure and bends the rod. The flats teem with game fish.
- Escape into your exclusive haven and have a candlelit dinner at the end of your private dock under a ceiling of stars.
- Organize a jungle excursion for two to the Maya ruins at Lamanai on the Belize mainland.
- Indulge in that most precious of luxuries: time. Do nothing but enjoy the soft breeze off the sea and the splendid feeling of absolute privacy.
- Explore your options and whims at aprivateisland.com.