When it comes to learning how to make cocktails, it’s never a bad idea to start with the classics. And when it comes to learning Caribbean cocktails, it doesn’t get much more classic than a Bahama Mama. So, when it came time to collect a recipe for this special drink, we asked the experts in the Bahamas Out Islands to give us the ingredients being used at resorts from the Abacos to San Salvador.
Whether floating on a giant inflatable swan in your pool or sitting in the backyard with your feet in a kiddie pool, this Bahama Mama recipe pairs nicely with closing your eyes and imagining that you’re taking a stroll on Ten Bay Beach in Eleuthera.
Bahamas Out Islands’ Bahama Mama
- 1.5 oz. of dark rum.
- 1 oz. of coconut rum
- 4 oz. of pineapple juice
- 2 oz. of orange juice.
- A sprinkle of Angostura aromatic bitters.
- A dash of grenadine (for a Bahamas sunset orange color).
How to Make It:
- Combine ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake and pour over cracked ice.
- Garnish with an orange or pineapple slice, sip and then listen to the imaginary lapping of the waves.