If breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day, you’ll want to make sure to have a second helping so you’re properly fueled for a place as adventurous as Costa Rica. At most all-inclusive resorts, that’s never a problem. In fact, the hardest part is usually convincing yourself that another plate isn’t necessary. But an even harder part, far more often than we realize, is finding a quality selection of vegan and vegetarian options.
The culinary team at Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica is well aware of this, as the property’s on-site dining establishments have gone to great lengths to ensure that vegan and vegetarian guests will enjoy a wide variety of options that will keep everyone healthy and happy. (The resort even has a really good sense of humor about it.)
When it comes to actually making a vegan dish, for those of us unfamiliar with the lifestyle, it is intimidating. But when we asked the folks at the SoCal Gourmet Food Emporium at Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica to hook us up with an easy vegan plate, they made sure our breakfast will never be the same again with these fluffy pancakes.
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Maple syrup
How to Make It:
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Add non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla in separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about 0.5 cup (65 grams) of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and enjoy!