Reaching the famed Seven Mile Bridge is a big milestone for your Key West road trip, because it marks the moment that you say so long to Marathon Key and hello to a long stretch of beautiful water. It also means no more bathroom breaks until you reach Little Duck Key, so plan accordingly if you’re traveling with a big mug of cold brew. And while it used to be that the Sunset Grille and Raw Bar was the last reason to stop before the bridge, Isla Bella Beach Resort came along in 2019 and gave drivers a reason to never even leave Knights Key.
This luxury resort sits on 24 acres and boasts a mile of private beach, as well as five pools and a variety of world-class amenities and dining options. For the latter, it doesn’t get much better than dinner at Il Postino, an oceanfront Italian restaurant offering fresh pasta with a unique Florida Keys spin, as well as views for days.
One of the most iconic Florida Keys food items is key lime pie, or in Il Postino’s case, the key lime tart. But if you can’t wait for dessert, you’ll probably love the key lime pie martini just as much. And if you can’t wait to get to Isla Bella Beach Resort—which reopened on June 1 at 50 percent capacity in accordance with WHO and CDC safety protocols—we have the recipe for the key lime pie martini right here.
Isla Bella Beach Resort’s Key Lime Pie Martini
- 1.5 oz Tito’s Vodka
- 0.25 ea vanilla bean
- 1 oz fresh pineapple juice
- 1 oz fresh key lime juice
- 0.5 oz coconut puree
- 0.25 oz graham cracker crumbs
- Key lime slices
How to Make It:
Infuse the vodka with vanilla bean. (This process should be done 4 days prior to ensure full vanilla flavor—to infuse the whole bottle, use 3 to 4 vanilla bean pods and let it infuse for a minimum of 4 days.)
- Fill the martini glass with ice and water.
- Fill a shaker with a scoop of ice.
- Pour the vanilla infused vodka, pineapple juice, lime juice and coconut puree.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds.
- Drain the martini glass and coat the rim with the graham crackers.
- Strain the drink into the chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a key lime slice.