With properties in 10 countries, from the Czech Republic to Costa Rica, Occidental Hotels & Resorts goes to great lengths to ensure that the experience at each destination is authentic, but always with a little extra to please guests of all ages, and from all corners of the world.
For example, guests at Occidental Costa Cancún likely expect authentic Mexican cuisine and fresh seafood, and naturally they’ll get that at México Lindo and La Claraboya, respectively. However, there’s also Italian cuisine at La Trattoria and a full buffet at Albatross. After all, when it comes to breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts and snacks, not every guest has the same cravings.
This is especially the case for young travelers, as children tend to be—how do I put this nicely—the pickiest people on the planet. Fortunately, the Occidental culinary team is as creative as it is generous with its cuisine, and so the chefs are even thinking of the little guests when developing their menus. They’re so generous, in fact, that they’ve shared with us this delightful recipe for Ladybug Canapé, which even doubles as an art project.
Occidental Hotels & Resorts Ladybug Canapé
(Amounts vary based on need.)
- Cherry tomatoes (amount varies)
- Salty crackers
- Cream cheese
- Black olives
- Balsamic vinegar
How to Make It:
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into four parts.
- Spread the cream cheese over the crackers.
- Assemble the tomatoes on the base to form the ladybug’s wings.
- With the olives, form the head, and with a piece of chive make the antennae.
- Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar for the dots as a final touch.