If you don’t believe that time travel can be achieved, you’ve never walked through the front doors of the Brazilian Court Hotel in Palm Beach, Florida. If not for the modern amenities, you might think you were transported back to 1920s Spain, as everything from the luxury suites to the courtyard fountains feel like they were the setting of a classic Hemingway novel. But that’s only one of the many reasons the Brazilian Court Hotel is such a popular spot for visitors to South Florida.
Perhaps the biggest reason this hotel is so popular for travelers and locals alike is Chef Daniel Boulud’s award-winning Café Boulud. Take a seat at the bar to feel like you’re rubbing elbows with the area’s elite—you might be, after all—or grab a table on the terrace to enjoy a traditional, even magical Florida sunset while dining on incredible French cuisine and sampling one (or several) of the restaurant’s cocktails or craft beers. There isn’t a bad seat in the house.
One Café Boulud cocktail that you can now make at home is the White Cosmo. By swapping out the red cranberry for white, and adding a flowery ice ball, you’ll create a delicious drink that will also make you feel sublimely elegant as you stare at the sunset from your own window.
White Cosmo by The Brazilian Court Hotel
- 2 oz Stolichnaya Vodka
- 1 oz St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 0.75 oz white cranberry juice
- 0.5 oz lime juice
- 1 orchid ice ball
How to Make It:
- In advance, make the orchid ice ball by placing one pesticide-free orchid in a 2-inch diameter ice ball mold, fill with filtered water, and freeze.
- In a shaker, combine the liquid ingredients with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a carafe.
- Place the orchid ice ball in a martini glass. When ready to serve, pour the contents of your carafe over the ice ball.